Tuesday, 3 March 2009

My Head Says Yes But My Heart Says No

As I was watching television with my mother, I thought how lovely it would be to have a cup of tea. The moment I had the thought, another part of me thought, "I don't fancy it."

After a few more minutes I had the same thought about getting some tea and putting the kettle on.

Then I thought, "I don't feel like tea."

What's the matter with me? Do I or do I not fancy a cup of tea?

I decided to watch television instead.

A few minutes later my mother went to the kitchen, put the kettle on, and made herself a cup of tea.

Aha, so I was picking up on my mother's desires.

Late at night while I was watching StarTrek Voyager, I had a craving for a bowl of Weetabix cereals. This time my head and my heart were in total agreement so I went for it. I knew my cravings were all mine as my mother was already fast asleep.

When my head says yes but my heart says no, I follow my heart.
When my head says no but my heart says yes, I follow my heart.
When my head and my heart say yes, I follow my heart.

I follow my heart in all things as my heart always knows what's best.

Enocia

Related articles: Being Infinite Mind; Silent Treatment; When I Follow My Heart, Every Day is Christmas Day; Earth is All Heart